In 2017, the Ethos Foundation launches a new stock exchange index dedicated to corporate governance at Swiss companies. In collaboration with the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX Swiss Exchange), Ethos publishes the "Ethos Swiss Corporate Governance Index" (ESCGI) which takes into account the main corporate governance best practice criteria in order to define the weight of the different constituents.
This is the first index of this type on the Swiss stock market. The index allows investors to reduce the weight of companies that entail a corporate governance risk.
Ethos Swiss Corporate Governance Index
Past performance is no guarantee of future performance.
The Ethos Swiss Corporate Governance Index is proprietary to Ethos and calculated and maintained by Six Swiss Exchange AG
The new ESCGI index will serve as reference for the management of the fund "Ethos – Equities CH indexed Corporate Governance".
The index objectives aim to:
- Reduce the corporate governance risks by underweighting or excluding companies that do not apply best governance practices
- Reduce the carbon impact of the index by underweighting companies with significant carbon emissions
- Avoid overweighting companies that are under a serious controversy
- Avoid overweighting companies that have a weight exceeding 15% in SPI
- Overweight companies that do not fall into one of the above categories.
Page of the ESCGI index on SIX Swiss Exchange website